The onset of the pandemic has changed so much of the fabric of our daily life. For Halifax River Audubon this has required that we conduct face to face meetings virtually. The HRA Board has been meeting over Zoom since April 2020. It has worked well. Business was conducted quickly from the comfort of our homes.We became comfortable enough to socialize and casually chat over the computer link. We are considering having a few "live" meetings this year, but that is still in the planning stages.
Now for Zoom. No experience is required - the basics are easy to pick up. There is some preparation and system requirements to participate in a session.
If you haven't used Zoom before, it will automatically ask you to download the Zoom application when you click the link in the confirmation. It is recommended that you join the meeting 10 minutes early to download and get settled. Don't panic if you run into a tech issue or are late -- There will be a telephone number to call to connect you to the HRA meeting moderator for help or send a quick email to email@example.com.
If you want to download Zoom in advance, you can do it manually here:
Click on the "Download" button under Zoom Client for Meetings.
To participate, you must have:
• Zoom 5.11 application downloaded to their personal computer (https://zoom.us/)
Other devices can be used. Check your App Store for your phone or tablet.
• An internet connection suitable for live streaming (wired or wireless)
• Headset, or speakers and microphone (most laptops and desktops have this included)
• Web camera (most laptops and desktops have this included)
• A quiet location where you will not be disturbed